Needs and Opportunities
There are a multitude of ways that you can help. In fact, we are basically a volunteer run organization. This community has offered endless hours of volunteer time creating an atmosphere that is comfortable and enjoyable for our residents. Chrysalis volunteers are on a mission to change lives in our city with their time and talents. Your gifts are needed to provide an environment of change where residents can learn and grow into the women God created them to be. The only thing that limits your involvement is your imagination. Get evolved and make a difference!
Listed are some ways that you can serve:
- Open houses, etc.
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Organize a drive for donations– paper products, hygiene items, clothing, food drive, etc.
- Share your talent– card making, crafts, singing, art, etc.
- Service Projects
- Teaching and Group facilitators
- Bring a meal. Go to www.takethemameal.com and sign up to bring meal to Chrysalis on Sunday night. Go to the FIND square and for recipient name, type in Chrysalis, the password is butterfly.
- Car or bike donation.
The W.I.N.G.S, our volunteer network, is the heartbeat of our organization. Volunteers give their time helping in the office, at fundraising events, teaching Life Skill classes, hosting socials, open houses, and so much more. Our volunteer network is called W.I.N.G.S because it helps our organization to fly. Without the help of our volunteers Chrysalis would not be the effective organization that it is today.
Chrysalis is uniquely designed around the idea of a butterfly:
The Head = Board of Directors and Staff
The Wings = Volunteers (W.I.N.G.S ) Welcoming, Inspiring, Nurturing, Giving and Serving.
The Body = Residents (W.I.N.D.) Women In New Direction
Contact Gail Kirklin our Community Relations Volunteer if you are interested in becoming a W.I.N.G.S. member or want more information about how you can help, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 208. 424-1323.
WINGS meetings are held quarterly to discuss our involvement in upcoming events.
2017 – November 13th
- March 12th
- June 11th
- Sept 10th
- November 12th
WINGS Wednesday – Service projects – 2nd Wednesday of every month, 10:00 – 1:00 State Street House
- October 11th
- November 8th
- December 13th, 2017
- January 10th
- February 14th
- March 14th
- April 11th
- May 9th
- June 13th
- July 11th
- August 8th
- September 12th
- October 10th
- December 12th
Upcoming Events 2017
- Chrysalis Celebration and Graduation – June – TBD Location: Grove Hotel
- Golf Tournament– September – TBD
- Chrysalis Holiday Open House – December 10th State Street House – 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Organizational Christmas Party– December 3rd, Location: Cole Community Church, 5:00pm
- Cinco de Mayo Party– May TBD Location: Foothills Christian Church, 5:oopm
- Ho down– TBD
- Family Picnic-August TBD Location: The shelter at Veterans Memorial Park, 5:00pm
- Harvest Party– October 29th, Location: State Street, 5:00pm
- Thanksgiving Dinner – November 22nd 4:00 Location: Friends Church